RE: slow writer

Subject: RE: slow writer
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:41:49 -0800

I'm slow too... but nobody has complained yet. For stuff I know little or
nothing about, I don't even 'try' to write anything at the beginning. I find
there has to be a certain conceptual load before things start to crystallize
out. Research and analysis is what belongs at the beginning stages ...
you'll look busy enough looking things up, trying it out, sorting, making
notes and keeping track of references and screenshots, etc.

A really great book is "Writing Analytically" by David Rosenwasser and Jill
Stephen (Harcourt Brace, 2000) It describes exactly this process... and it
really doesn't matter the type of writing.

http://bcwriters.com/wordworks/2002/winter/research.php

Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca