RE: RE: Multi-purpose / Single source

Subject: RE: RE: Multi-purpose / Single source
From: "Char James-Tanny" <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:47:09 -0500

> Does anyone on the list have experience with Author-It? It seems
> to address many of the issues raised in this thread.

Yes, it does. It's possible to create multiple (branded) print and online
outputs, reusing objects (topics, graphics, hyperlinks) as necessary.
AuthorIT publishes Word documents for print (or PDF), and also publishes
WinHelp, HTML Help, and (X)HTML.

Conditional text is controlled through styles or list variables. (I have one
client who rebrands for five OEMs, using mostly variables.)

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
2005 Microsoft Help MVP ~ MSHelpWiki http://www.mshelpwiki.com
AuthorIT Certified Consultant ~ AuthorIT Development and Training
RoboGURU: RoboHelp Consulting, Development, and Training
Moderator, HATT and MSHelp2
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com