Rumour about Framemaker - is it true?

Subject: Rumour about Framemaker - is it true?
From: T K <tvk_tw -at- yahoo -dot- ie>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:19:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I have just heard a rumour this morning that
FrameMaker is coming to an end i.e. there will be no
subsequent releases after the present release. Could
this be true, and if so, does anyone have any
information on when this is expected to happen / what
will happen regarding support for customers who have
or intend to buy what is on offer at present.

The reason I ask is that my employer is considering a
switch to Framemaker, but obviously if it coming to an
end - even in the distant future - then it would not
make sense to make such a change.

Thanks,
Tom.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com