RE: Intra-folder renaming tools, anyone?

Subject: RE: Intra-folder renaming tools, anyone?
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:48:17 +0100

> > > This should do it. You can choose to sort subfolders
> > separately, but
> > > the default is not to.
> > > http://www.publicspace.net/windows/BetterFileRename/
> >
> > I forgot to say that I need to be able to save a text file from the
> > renaming application specifying both the old and the new filename.
> > Apart from that, this SW would have worked fine.
> >

> You could use SnagIt for the text file.
>
> Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
> bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
> Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

Yes - as long as the number of lines in Better File Rename's right
window does not exceed the number that can be displayed at one time. But
in my case we're talking about thousands of files, so I'm afraid
SnagIt's - otherwise excellent - text capture feature does not work.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager
www.flirthermography.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com