RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Ratios

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Ratios
From: Suzy -dot- Davis -at- doi -dot- vic -dot- gov -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:47:14 +1100

I'm in the Other/None of the Above category because I am writing user and
functional spec documentation after the development - updating the
documentation to reflect the changes they've made to the system and their
procedures in the last couple of years.

The developer writes specs for the little adhoc/Change Request updates that
he does, but no one updates the main documentation on an ongoing basis, and
team leaders tell their group about any changes to their user interface or
procedures; or maybe send an email out.

As you might have guessed I'm gently coaxing them towards updating their
user documentation and then introduce the changes in the workplace so that
people have the documentation to use as a reference...

regards
Suzy

"Lisa M. Bronson"
<lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com> To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Sent by: cc:
bounce-techwr-l-165345 -at- lists -dot- t Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Ratios
echwr-l.com

17/01/05 07:23 AM
Please respond to "Lisa M.
Bronson"

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend! Recently, someone asked about ratios of
writers to developers, and I thought that would make a good poll question.

Where I work, we have about 1:11 for instruction manuals and 1:22 for
parts manuals. I'm glad I do instruction manuals (though, we still have too
few writers, in my opinion).

What is the ratio of writers to developers where you work?
* 1:1 to 1:3
* 1:4 to 1:7
* 1:8 to 1:11
* 1:12 to 1:15
* 1:16 to 1:19
* 1:20 to 1:23
* 1:24 to 1:27
* 1:28 to 1:31
* To infinity and beyond (more than 1:31)
* Other/None of the above

Enter your response at http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/index.php3 . It
will be interesting to see how many people answer Other/None of the above
this week. ;)

Have a great week!
Lisa B.

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error. If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com