Re: keyboard hrs vs non-keyboard hrs

Subject: Re: keyboard hrs vs non-keyboard hrs
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:51:19 -0700 (MST)

There's an article on the TECHWR-L site that might be helpful for you, or
anyone else who wants to avoid problems with RSI (repetative stress
injury). It's located in the Office Health section of the Employment
Articles:

http://www.techwr-l.com/ct.php?link=http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/employmentarticles/officehealthhomepage.html

Best of fortune,
Lisa B.

> As i sit here recovering from CTS surgery, I am trying to come up with
> an estimation of how much impact this wll have on my work schedule.
> What would you folks say is a good number for the amount of time you
> actually spend typing text? I came up w/2 hours a day, which seems
> woefully little. However, we're in the early developpment stage of the
> product (software), so I spend a bunch of time reading specs and
> interviewing. I would say that when I'm really cranking, I can do 4-5
> hrs keyboarding a day.
>
> Thoughts?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com