Re: Contracting (an off-shoot from "Closed Group of Writers)

Subject: Re: Contracting (an off-shoot from "Closed Group of Writers)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:38:00 -0800 (PST)

I'll assume you're not a child that needs to be stroked by everyone
your see, and besides...one person you come across does not represent
an industry. Why get upset when you come across an ass. We all do.

> I'm a friendly (but not annoyingly so) person, but
> I've noticed that one of the writers here just doesn't
> give us contractors the time of day. I don't have
> this issue with any of my SME's-just this one writer.
> (so far, I have gotten positive feedback on my
> writing)
>
> My question is what to expect (comraderie speaking)
> from pubs groups (in general) as a contractor? I'm
> not expecting to be hugged or taken to lunch(!!), but
> a hello down the hall after I say hi would be cool.
>
> Thanks

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com