RE: giving feedback to non writers

Subject: RE: giving feedback to non writers
From: "Neumann, Eileen" <ENeuman -at- franklintempleton -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:56:59 -0500

Thanks to all who replied on this, both on and off line. The responses varied from giving tactful advice to using the non writer's work as a jumping off place and rewriting.

It's a no win situation for me. I'm no good at being writing teacher. I would rather rewrite, if I had the time, than deal with the problems of being tactful.

I've concluded that I'm going to keep my head down, concentrate on my own work, and give tiny bits of comments only. I'm just going to look like a know it all in this environment if I comment much on longer standing employees' work.

Writing should be seen as a profession, in the sense that it can't be just picked up by anyone without further training or help. It's something you have to be trained for, for goodness sake. /rant

Thanks for your comments,

Eileen Neumann

Notice: All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com