Re: Why don't more job interviews use writing tests?

Subject: Re: Why don't more job interviews use writing tests?
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:14:13 -0500

Youngblood, Susan wrote:

I've had great managers in the past, and I'd feel comfortable with most managers reviewing a writing test. There are a handful whose preconceived (and ill-conceived) ideas about writing could be a problem, though. I'd hope the reviewer could identify quality documentation.

I'm not sure it matters. If the manager is an idiot, wouldn't you want to know in advance rather than taking the position and finding out after? In that sense, the test cuts both ways: it filters out incompatible manager-subordinate pairs regardless of the manager's competence.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com