Re: Using digital camera for illustrations?

Subject: Re: Using digital camera for illustrations?
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:53:29 +0100 (CET)

> 5) With a software product such as Illustrator or Corel Draw, you may
> be able to put a digital photograph as a background layer and create
> line art based upon it without having to have much artistic skill.

In Photoshop you can make selection of parts of the picture, e.g. with the magic wand. You can
then make this selections into working paths and export the paths only to Illustrator. In
Illustrator you can then colour and adjust the vector pahts.

If you're apt in creating selections in Photoshop, this could very well be the fastest and most
accurate way, apart from using vectorizing tools like Streamline.
If you're picture is very simple and has high contrast, perhaps the Autotrace tool in Illustrator
would work for you, although I don't have much experience with it myself.

All advice based on working with the Creative Suite, i.e. all versions are CS.

HTH,

Jens

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com