RE: capitalizing the 2nd letter of a word

Subject: RE: capitalizing the 2nd letter of a word
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- nemasys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:37:45 -0800

At 07:19 PM 2/17/2005, Barbara Philbrick wrote:

I'm currently waging battle against the byline "capture valuable data
and turn it into actionable information" for one of the products I write
about. Is "actionable" the new vogue word? My sources still say it means
"giving cause for legal action", which is hardly what we expect the product
to do (but maybe marketing knows something we don't!)

I've run into this newly emerging usage a few times and it still bothers me;
each time, I point out the real meaning of "actionable"; sometimes it
makes a difference, and other times it doesn't. I'm starting to wonder
if it's a losing battle.

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"Too many words bring about exhaustion."
--Tao Te Ching, Chapter 5 (translated by Sheets/Tovey)

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com