Re: Has anyone ever hired a designer to do their personal company site?

Subject: Re: Has anyone ever hired a designer to do their personal company site?
From: "Chris Christner" <cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:43:56 -0700

Hi Amanda,

If you won't be designing a logo, the letterhead/business card templates
on online printing sites can turn out inexpensive but very professional
looking stationery.

As for a website, unless you're dead set against learning web design, I'd
recommend doing it yourself--you'll never have a better client or deadline
;)
The price is right, too: You can register a domain and web host for your
site for less than $50/year, and there are freeware applications available
for web design, which, along with a shareware tool like PaintShop Pro, is
all you'll need to get it done.

Good luck,
Chris
TopTechWriter.US
http://www.toptechwriter.us
Award-winning technical writing and illustration services.

> I'm toying with the idea of getting my personal company a website, cards
> and letterhead etc. Has anyone ever had a designer do this for them? The
> problem I have is that the samples of self-pronounced web designers does
> not meet my standards for clear communication... I don't want a website
> for technical communication with an overly artsy/intuitive interface... A
> friend's roommate has done some really nice branding work for conferences
> and I like her natural knack for visual organization of information, but
> is a bit flakey.
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ---Amanda

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com