Fw: Help with Help

Subject: Fw: Help with Help
From: Anonymous Poster <techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:19:04 -0800 (PST)

This message was forwarded anonymously on request. If
you want the original poster to see your response, you
must reply to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to
this message are automatically discarded. Contact Lisa
lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com with questions.

Hi, I'm hoping that I can get some
help/recommendations from the list.

I have one large project in RoboHelp (generating .chm)
but have not used any other help authoring tools.

One of my other clients will soon have a new app
availabile, written in Java. The data will reside on a
Unix server, the users will access the app from
Windows workstations (some, potentially, being
diskless). It is my understanding that the users will
*not* be using other O/S's to access the app.

I want to submit a documentation proposal for this
system - what I'm trying to do is find out what type
of online help would be best suited to this situation
(JavaHelp, WinHelp, WebHelp, etc.), and what authoring
tool would be appropriate.

I realize that this is a very open-ended question, but
when it comes to getting concrete feedback/opinions, I
feel that the list is the way to go (I can find
websites trumpeting the virtues of every conceivable
strategy, but I'm more interested in what is actually
appropriate :-)

Thanks for any insight you can share.

http://personals.yahoo.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l