Re: Online Help Tool / Process Recommendation

Subject: Re: Online Help Tool / Process Recommendation
From: sueahrenhold -at- ameritech -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:47:55 -0600

Suzette -
I'm a little confused as to why you think being closely tied to Word is a
bad thing for Doc-to-Help. I find that the Doc-to-Help macros make
converting Word documents to both the outputs you specified quite useful,
because it overcomes the Word problems you mentioned - numbering issues,
and size. Now that I have my templates adjusted the way that I want my
output to look, and that I have set up conditional text for the outputs I
need, I find this an easy way to get the desired output as long as I write
and test my documents in chapters.
For a small company, Word need not be evil, in fact most companies use it.

I should note that I have been doing this for 10 yrs now, and my favorite
word processor is still WordPerfect for DOS, with FrameMaker second.

This is a serious question, not a bash. I do tend to think of Microsoft as
the "Evil Empire," but Word works, is ubiquitous, and can be made to do
what customers want.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com