RE: An e-mail-based poll re: TW roles

Subject: RE: An e-mail-based poll re: TW roles
From: "devdra darke" <devdra -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:06:10 +0000

1) How in-tune with your company's business model are you, the Technical Writer?

I joined this company almost a month ago and am on my way to understanding where we fit in the market and into our customer's businesses. I'm not completely in-tune yet, but I recognize it as essential to my success at this company.

2) How business savvy are you, and do you keep an open mind to
business demands in all aspects of your professional career?

Very, I have been doing this for about 14 years and have a strong business focus. This is why my technical writing work invariably leads me into marketing, web, UI, training, support docs, knowledge base, project management ... caring about all aspects of the company and getting my dirty, little fingers into everything.

3) What do you do to feed the bottom line (and what is that bottom
line) of your respective company, and is what you do in-line with what
your company ultimately wants?

High quality, accurate, complete documentation that supports the customer's marketing/sales-created expectations while adhering to the developed product realities ...

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com