OpenOffice, XML and InDesign

Subject: OpenOffice, XML and InDesign
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:50:48 +0200 (CEST)

This may be a long shot, but: I'd like to combine some of my favorite applications in order to
develop our new manuals.

I'd like to write and edit the documentation in OO Writer, export it as XML, import it into
InDesign and go on from there.

My questions:
- InDesign is not very apt at numbering, so I'd like to number headers and captions in OO. Is it
possible to preserve this numbering when exporting to XML?
- Has anyone some pointers on how to work with XML in OO? E.g. how to use Writer with DocBook?

TIA,

Jens

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com