Workflow Suggestions Needed

Subject: Workflow Suggestions Needed
From: "Ashaki K. Hamlett" <ashaki -at- altair -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:03:51 -0400

I am in need of workflow suggestions. I create training materials that
originates from PowerPoint slides written by SMEs. The current plan is for
the SMEs to create the slides, and then forward them to me. I will extract
relevant information (in addition to interviewing) and create a training
manual. Ultimately, the training manual is converted to an online tutorial.
Here is where I need your input:

- Since the SMEs are creating the source file (PPT slide), I have to depend
on them to remember to tell me when a change has been made so I can update
the other materials. If they happen to remember, I need to know what changes
were made. Is there a way to track changes in PPT besides the add a comment
feature?

-Is there a tool or easier process from us going from PPT > Word (training
manual) > RoboHelp (online tutorial)?

Thanks,
Ashaki

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com