From technical writing to business analysis?

Subject: From technical writing to business analysis?
From: "Mehta, Sona" <mehtas -at- visa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:22:53 +0100

HI All,
All this talk about developers and technical authors has made me think about my role here, in my current position I see myself slowly drifting from being a technical author (e.g. writing user manual and online help for a system) to being a business analyst (e.g. requirements gathering, gap analysis, helping with use cases etc). I was wondering if there are many of you out there who have had a similar transition. Do you think this is a natural progression? I was hoping to get some pros and cons of such a move.
I must admit I do enjoy doing analysis stuff.

Many thanks
Sona
This email (including attachments) is confidential and is solely intended for the addressee. Unless you are the addressee, you may not read, use or store this email in any way,or permit others to. If you have received it in error, please contact Visa Europe on +44 (0)20 7937 8111

Please note, as of 1 July the Visa EU region incorporated and is now comprised of two companies, Visa Europe Limited, to which all the Members belong, and Visa Europe Services Inc. an operating company employing all EU Region staff and owning all the EU Region assets. Together these companies will trade as " Visa Europe ". We would appreciate it if you could update your records to reflect this change of name.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com