Re: From technical writing to business analysis?

Subject: Re: From technical writing to business analysis?
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:14:32 -0400

An interesting aspect of documenting _everything_ internal and external is that you get a ground-up perspective of how the whole company's "machine" works. This permits us lowly (in the eyes of the corporate veeps) writers to analyze the structure and provide best practices and other organizational improvements. I've been involved in this for almost as long as I've been producing documentation. Although business analysis is a separate field, I think it is a sister to TW in that it relies on the tacit information we collect on a regular basis.

My 2 (non-)sense worth.

Arroxane