Re: Web Domain Registration service recommendation?

Subject: Re: Web Domain Registration service recommendation?
From: charjt -at- helpstuff -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:19:46 -0500

I'd like to register a domain name, and though I'd like to do it as
cheaply as possible, I don't want all that junk on my site. If I had
anything, I'd prefer to select my own.

Do not register your domain name with the hosting company.

Or maybe...check and verify that you retain ownership of the domain name first?
When we register domains for our clients, *they* retain ownership. We're the
technical contact and usually the billing contact, while they are the
administrative contact. This is part of the service we provide, in that we take
care of their renewals and they don't have to worry that another company will
'steal' their account.

We've had to help way too many folks who lost their domain names.

I understand what everyone's saying...but some companies are respectable and
responsible and do the right thing. All I'm asking is that you check first :-)

Char James-Tanny

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com