RE: Help vision

Subject: RE: Help vision
From: "V Moorman" <vmoorman -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:59:46 -0700

I envision products like AuthorIT dominating the authoring tool market by
quietly creeping up and crushing the "competition."

I envision all authoring tools (as with everything else) being web-based for
full-on, collaborative production (between writers AND clients alike). I see
subscription-like fee schemes where you will always be using the latest
version of everything.

I see increased use and importance of automated tracking of user stats, with
multiple, variable, tailored responses (user view) based on user activity. I
see more consistency and standardization on the horizon (McDocumentation).

I see authoring tools that "write documentation themselves" without human
interaction. I see Technical Writers being simply "conductors," of
documentation... troubleshooters.

Automated Documentation - This is the wave of the future.

Vicky Moorman
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com