RE: How about including your location in your sig?

Subject: RE: How about including your location in your sig?
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:02:18 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: bounce-techwr-l-152696 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[mailto:bounce-techwr-l-152696 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com]On Behalf Of John
Posada
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:34 AM
To: TECHWR-L

Wanna get goose bumps? Switch to satellite view.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.474121,-87.877220&t=k&hl=en

My summer job one year at college was at this location, "communicating" with visitors to the area. (This was while I was working on my degree in Scient. & Tech. Communication, so this email is related to Tech Writing, however distantly!)

The interaction with the visitors was interesting, as I was in the role of a woman living in the area in 1873, married to an army soldier and washing laundry to make a living. I refused to drop out of character, and it's amazing what people would try to do and say to get me to come into the "present." The conversations and techniques alone would have made an interesting socio-communications study.

One young visitor wanted me to listen to his Walkman. "But it's an OLD group -- the Beatles!"

My response: "Listen young man, if I want to listen to a bunch of bugs, I just sit outside my door in the evening."

Alas... life moves on, and now I spend my days here
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.215223,-87.953925&t=k&hl=en
instead of walking barefoot outside in the grass all summer, looking out on a lake all day long, in a remote and beautiful location.

Hmmm... who said progress is good?

Carla Martinek, Translation Coordinator/Editor
Zebra Technologies Corporation
cmartinek -at- zebra -dot- com

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com