RE: How To: Tactfully deal with salary questions in TW job interviews?

Subject: RE: How To: Tactfully deal with salary questions in TW job interviews?
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:48:08 -0700

Oddly, the one who harassed me was an agency mgr who called me back
after I'd talked with the recruiter and given her my low bid but no
salary history. The other was the tech writing manager for a company who
was "doing a favor" to the IT manager, who couldn't come to the meeting
at the last minute.
>From the agency postings, I'm getting the feeling that jobs are still
tight here. Agency rates, when advertised, are low unless the job is
very hard to fill (anyone out there with Vasont/Epic Editor or AuthorIt
skills?).
Anyway, I really appreciate everyone's suggestions. From what you've
said, I was on the right track, though not as skilled with it as I could
be.
Kathleen