Videos or DVDs to train technical writers?

Subject: Videos or DVDs to train technical writers?
From: "Dennis v." <dvanlangen -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:32:55 -0400

I am preparing a 1/2 day training package that will eventually be presented to technical writers in the classroom.

One section of this training will deal with unique challenges of technical writing (including those unique to our organization). These would include the "grind" and frustration of writing (and re-writing), taking ambiguous ideas from SMEs and making sense out of them in written words, placing self in the shoes of the trainee audience, and so on.

I was wondering if you are aware of any brief videos or DVDs that address the challenges of professional writing? I am looking for something that is interesting and stimulating and will prompt discussion, empathy, and allow trainees to relate to the challenges by bringing in their own, after it is shown.

Thanks!
Dennis v.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com