Re: Videos or DVDs to train technical writers?

Subject: Re: Videos or DVDs to train technical writers?
From: Kate Salm <kate_salm -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:11:49 -0700 (PDT)

I've never heard of anything, but it's an interesting
idea... if one that someone suggests is good, I'd be
very interested in something along those lines also
(now that you thought of it!), so please let me know
about it!

Thanks.

"There's no reason to reinvent the wheel, it works
fine the way it is. Although it does wobble on
occasion"--Denny Mattison

--- "Dennis v." <dvanlangen -at- cox -dot- net> wrote:

> I am preparing a 1/2 day training package that will
> eventually be presented
> to technical writers in the classroom.
>
> One section of this training will deal with unique
> challenges of technical
> writing (including those unique to our
> organization). These would include
> the "grind" and frustration of writing (and
> re-writing), taking ambiguous
> ideas from SMEs and making sense out of them in
> written words, placing self
> in the shoes of the trainee audience, and so on.
>
> I was wondering if you are aware of any brief videos
> or DVDs that address
> the challenges of professional writing? I am
> looking for something that is
> interesting and stimulating and will prompt
> discussion, empathy, and allow
> trainees to relate to the challenges by bringing in
> their own, after it is
> shown.
>
> Thanks!
> Dennis v.