RE: Mysterious rlt files in RoboHelp projects

Subject: RE: Mysterious rlt files in RoboHelp projects
From: "Norcross, Amanda" <Amanda -dot- Norcross -at- kla-tencor -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:32:01 -0700

Yes, Dick, I was starting to consider doing some sort of experiment like
the one you suggested. Your suggestion, coupled with a couple of other
people's ideas about why we're getting these files in the first place,
should help me narrow down where these files are coming from and whether
we can happily delete them.

I'll act on all suggestions and report my findings back to the group.

Thanks!
Amanda

Dick wrote:<<They sure sound like temporary files (rlt =
RoboheLpTemp???). But test
your hypothesis: Don't delete the files. Instead, move them to a
temporary folder on your desktop. Go ahead and check in the project.
Then check it out, open it up, and compile the .chm. My guess is
everything will be hunky dory. Finally, go in and make some changes in
the project (edit a topic, add a topic); save the project; and inspect
to see if there are new rlt files corresponding to the topics you
changed or added.>>

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com