Re: Question on TWing and Workflows

Subject: Re: Question on TWing and Workflows
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:06:20 -0400

On the one hand, it varies all over the place. But on the
other hand, I've found the most successful approach involves
making a documentation plan before starting the documentation.

When you propose writing a plan, someone will of course
object, saying, "We don't need that. It'll take too much time.
I think everyone here understands what documentation we need."
Those words are a clear sign that the plan is CRUCIAL.

In the course of writing and correcting the plan, those
involved will discover the actual requirements. Remember
to keep the plan up to date as needed.

A.H. wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> I was wondering if the good people on this list will
> share some workflow knowledge. Is there a standard
> workflow when creating documentation? I would guess it
> varies from org to org, but I'm not sure.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com