RE: DreamWeaver MX 2004

Subject: RE: DreamWeaver MX 2004
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:16:25 -0700

I like Using MX, but then I've been using Dreamweaver forever, after
switching from Homesite. I can't remember DM 4 well enough to tell you
if it's that much of an improvement over 4. I know that my previous team
went to MX over 4 because of the built-in accessibility attribute
editing.

Some have said here that the text editor isn't very good. I suppose you
could make that argument, but considering that many engineers still use
*Notepad* to write HTML, MX ain't that bad!

Here are the features I depend on:
* Site management: basically the ability to manage files and move them
between the development workstation and
the site server
* Design view
* Auto-completion
* Find/Replace, especially across all files in a site, and definitely
because of the regular expression
support (although of course they have their *own* REGEXP syntax!)
* intelligent editing of CSS files
* Good support for XML

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.