RE: Help on Basic Word Operation (Or Not Basic Word Operation, but I don't want to argue the point)

Subject: RE: Help on Basic Word Operation (Or Not Basic Word Operation, but I don't want to argue the point)
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:55:55 -0400

Thanks, to David L., Helen/Glenn and Sharon B., I believe I have found the
concept:

Word "pretends" that all the other documents are ACTUALLY WITHIN the blank
TOC document when you insert RD fields. So creating a TOC in that document
with the RD fields is Word pretending you were making a TOC from one single
document.

Microsoft ought to think about using something like my summary as an initial
explanation. It would help orient people like me who aren't totally clueless
about fields, but need to situate what they know into a meaningful context
with regard to RD fields.

Bonnie Granat | http://www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US