RE: renumbering merged documents

Subject: RE: renumbering merged documents
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:12:18 +0100

> Because I'm creating a new document from the old, I plan to start with a
> brand new number. What criteria do you use to determine whether to start
> with 0.1 or 1.0?

The most common arrangement is that 0.x versions are used for
pre-publication drafts, and you move up to 1.0 for the first published
version.

But almost any arbitrary numbering scheme will work so long as it is
consistently followed and is understood by those using it.

Regards
Jonathan West

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com