Re: Is Robohelp still being frozen by Macromedia?

Subject: Re: Is Robohelp still being frozen by Macromedia?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:02:33 -0400

Although I fully support MadCap's initiative in spirit, I don't
condone holding out unless you truly have no need for a HAT over the
next several months (minimal). Yes, they just entered early beta. This
could mean that they are close, or it could mean they'll have more
work to do. I think the product will have merit when it is released,
but as much as I want to support their initiative, I can't condone
holding out for a tool that isn't released yet if you have current
needs for a HAT. There are plenty of other tools out there, and you
should be able to migrate to Flare in some manner (manually or no).
Also, if you do have RoboHelp now, there's no reason to stop using it
if it works. Just don't hold your breath for a new version. ;-)

--
Bill Swallow
42.8162,-73.7736

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com