TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
FWIW, we include a signoff sheet with reviews. On the sheet, it lists the several types of reviewers we have, and exactly what they are expected to review. We specifically tell them NOT to look for typos, grammar, etc. because someone else (that would be me) will be looking for those.
Asking for a signature on a review form adds a formal aspect to the review. If you have to sign your name to it, you usually take it a little more seriously.
I've copied the text from our form... imagine it nice and pretty, with checkboxes and signature lines. :-) This form goes to every reviewer, whether it's Preliminary or Final versions.
Carla Martinek, Translation Coordinator/Editor
Zebra Technologies Corporation
333 Corporate Woods Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
tel: 847.793.5616 fax: 847.821.1795
cmartinek -at- zebra -dot- com
You were asked to review this document because of your technical expertise with this product. As you review, please follow these guidelines.
· Review for TECHNICAL accuracy. Our editor will review for typos, grammar, punctuation, and Zebra branding guidelines.
· Provide any missing information. Note any information that should be deleted and why.
· If you are reading a procedure, test it by following each step. Do no more than the step instructs you to do. Is any part of the procedure missing or incomplete?
· Do the illustrations clearly support the procedures? Are the parts labeled correctly? If this is a new product, have any of the parts changed since the illustration was created?
- Review for Overall Content.
- Review for Overall Content.
- Review Tech Specs, Procedures, and P/Ns.
- Review the procedure for proper parts and assembly.
- Check all firmware-related sections.
- Review for Compliance and Safety Issues.
- Verify that all part numbers and kit contents are correct and properly documented.
- Review troubleshooting and procedures
- Review procedures and related graphics for accuracy and completeness.
- <<type in instructions for any other type of reviewer>>
Check the appropriate boxes:
0 Approved with Changes
0 Not Approved
0 Send revised .PDF file before release
0 Send final .PDF file after release
Sign and date before returning to Technical Publications.
Print Name: _________________________
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.
Now Shipping -- WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word! Easily create online
Help. And online anything else. Redesigned interface with a new
project-based workflow. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.