RE: RoboHelp problems...

Subject: RE: RoboHelp problems...
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:44:34 -0400

Diane,

What has changed in the last 6 months is Microsoft's security level on HTML
Help .chm files. By default, they can only be opened locally residing on the
user's PC. They can no longer be opened from a network location unless some
Registry entries are changed. You can read all about it in the following
Microsoft KB articles:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-026.mspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902225/

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

MS Help MVP
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help MVP and Certified Trainer
WexTech MVP, Certified Doc-To-Help Trainer

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
201-714-9525