Re: Digital Voice Recorder (DVR )

Subject: Re: Digital Voice Recorder (DVR )
From: Benoit Bisson <benoit -at- benoitbisson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:28:04 -0400

Unless I am mistaken, if you wish to edit the recorded audio file, you will need to make an analog copy, because of the integrated copy-protection. When I used my Sony MZ-NH900 to do interviews, I couldn't just copy to the computer. I had to use the line-out to transfer to my PC for editing.

Benoit Bisson

David Neeley wrote:

Bryan,
The Hi-MD units also record in LinearPCM mode, a lossless format.
Standard minidiscs formatted for use in the Hi-MD units will record 28
minutes, while the 1 GB Hi-MD discs will handle an hour and
thirty-four minutes of audio recorded in this manner. These units also
have a selection of various ATRAC modes, ranging up to the "longest
play" version, ATRAC3 Plus, which will hold 45 hours of sound at 48
kbps.

Sounds like your wife should be trading up, especially if you are
recording masters for later CD release.

David

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com