AW: techwr-l digest: August 16, 2005

Subject: AW: techwr-l digest: August 16, 2005
From: Paula Pape <Pape -at- ecoroll -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:29:29 +0200

Responding to the call for most-used reference books:

When I completed a graduate certificate in Int'l Tech. Comm, my supervising
professor at the Univ. of WI at Milwaukee was Gerald Alred, author of the
googled title:

Handbook of Technical Writing, 7th edition
by Gerald J. Alred, Charles T. Brusaw, Walter E. Oliu
St. Martin's Press, (January, 2003)

Great info can be found at his Web site
http://www.uwm.edu/~alred/profile.html and at the site of his German
colleague Andreas Baumert (though it's in German)
http://www.recherche-und-text.de/. Both are interested in creating an
annotated bibliography of useful references for tech writers in the field.
I'm sure they'd be happy to add to this list.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Paula Pape
Marketing/Redaktion
ECOROLL AG Werkzeugtechnik