RE: FrameMaker Crash

Subject: RE: FrameMaker Crash
From: "Claire Conant" <Claire -dot- Conant -at- Digeo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:11:00 -0700

I've had Frame crash before - in fact, within the last 20 minutes. It's
rare, and Frame is much more stable than Word (IMO), but it does happen.
I never have any idea what it was that I did that caused it to crash.

However, when I open any of the files that were opened prior to the
crash, I get this warning message.

A crash recovery file exists for <docname>.fm. Do you want to open it
instead?

Your most recent changes are in the crash recovery file. If you choose
to open the recovery file, inspect it before saving, because it may have
been
damaged.

How do you inspect the file? What would I look for that could be visibly
wrong? Any clues?

Thanks,
Claire Conant
Technical Editor