RE: PC naming? Help!

Subject: RE: PC naming? Help!
From: coliver -at- lexmark -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:15:34 -0400

>We are searching for a word to denote a particular computer on the
network
>that a solution is installed to (to watch over 1-1000 printer devices). I
>have had votes here for Host PC and Control PC, and other developers have
>suggested Controller PC, Management PC, Admin PC, and Monitor PC. My
>question is, do any of you have/use a particular name for this PC in your
>documentation that you wouldn't mind sharing, or do you have any
>suggestions for a name for a PC like this?

We use "[name of application] server" to denote a PC with network printer
monitoring software installed on it.

A device is a "print server" if it's physically connected to one or more
printers in order to provide those printers with a network connection. If
this device is a stand-alone item rather than a dedicated PC, it's also a
"network adapter."

Happy Friday!

- C.
__