RE: PC naming? Help!

Subject: RE: PC naming? Help!
From: coliver -at- lexmark -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:15:34 -0400

>We are searching for a word to denote a particular computer on the
>that a solution is installed to (to watch over 1-1000 printer devices). I
>have had votes here for Host PC and Control PC, and other developers have
>suggested Controller PC, Management PC, Admin PC, and Monitor PC. My
>question is, do any of you have/use a particular name for this PC in your
>documentation that you wouldn't mind sharing, or do you have any
>suggestions for a name for a PC like this?

We use "[name of application] server" to denote a PC with network printer
monitoring software installed on it.

A device is a "print server" if it's physically connected to one or more
printers in order to provide those printers with a network connection. If
this device is a stand-alone item rather than a dedicated PC, it's also a
"network adapter."

Happy Friday!

- C.
Clayton A. Oliver
Information Developer
Lexmark International, Inc.
mailto:coliver -at- lexmark -dot- com


Now Shipping -- WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word! Easily create online
Help. And online anything else. Redesigned interface with a new
project-based workflow. Try it today!

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: FrameMaker Crash
Next by Author: Podcasting examples
Previous by Thread: Re: PC naming? Help!
Next by Thread: PC naming? Help!

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads