Re: Word still going crazy

Subject: Re: Word still going crazy
From: Brian Gordon <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:46:09 -0400 (EDT)

--- Lisa Roth <roth -dot- lisa -at- jimmy -dot- harvard -dot- edu> wrote:
. Sounds like
> quite the
> incompatibility issue to me.
>
> I wonder if that's coming into play here and either
> Word, Outlook, or
> both need some sort of patch.

I suspect you are right, Lisa. I checked for Micrsoft
Office updates yesterday, and was completely
up-to-date.

However...I spoke with the person who created the doc.
He started in Word, had problems, and switched to Open
Office. He then saved the doc from OO as a Word doc.
If the doc is saved to the hard drive and opened in
Word, no problem. If it is opened from Outlook, Word
crashes and all open Word docs are corrupted in
strange and not-wonderful ways.

Possibly, OO's Word format is not compatible somehow
with Outlook.

All the best,
Brian

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com