Re: Recommended apps to learn as a new tech writer...

Subject: Re: Recommended apps to learn as a new tech writer...
From: David Loveless <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:52:10 -0600

The programs that I use the most are DreamWeaver, OpenOffice, Word,
Vizio, PowerPoint, and Excel in that order. If I had to add any others
that I use semi-often, I would throw in Quark, InDesign, and
Photoshop. It all depends on your field and the type of documentation
you are writing. I agree with Joe--XML and HTML are really nice to
know, especially XML. All the job posting in my region (Salt Lake
City) seem to require XML. Oh, that the STC is absolutely essential in
my opinion. You can get a student membership for $50 a year (if I
remember right), and many institutions will even pay that fee for you.

Dave

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com