RE: Tech Comms for disaster relief

Subject: RE: Tech Comms for disaster relief
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:20:55 -0400

I used to do a full daily backup to a CD-RW and then store the disc in
my desk, in case something bad happened to my PC (hard drive failures,
etc.). My supervisor suggested that I start taking my backup home with
me, in case something bad happened to the building. Since then, I have a
small case with 5-6 discs in it (Daily plus Archives), and that case
never spends the night in the same place as my PC: If I take the PC home
with me, the discs stay at the office, and vice versa.

If something bad happened to the entire city, as tragically happened to
New Orleans this week, I suppose that my data might not survive me.
Anyway, this is a personal initiative, not company policy.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com