Re: Landscape and Portrait -- long document with tables

Subject: Re: Landscape and Portrait -- long document with tables
From: Art Campbell <art -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:44:45 -0400

Without knowing what software you're working in... you probably have
two basic options: you can keep the portrait page layouts and just
rotate the tables within the page, or you can create a landscape page
format and switch back and forth between portrait and landscape pages
in your books.

If it was me, and there were only a few tables or a few pages of
tables, I think I'd stick with prortait pages and rotate the tables.
Which might eliminate the transition problem.

If the tables make up more than half of the book, though, I'd look at
the landscape pages option. And if they made up the bulk of the book,
I'd think about converting everything to a landscape layout; probably
two column for the regular text w/o tables.

Art
--
Art Campbell art -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com
No disclaimers apply.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com