RE: "Industry standard" for software user documentation?

Subject: RE: "Industry standard" for software user documentation?
From: "Damien Braniff" <Damien -dot- Braniff -at- asg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:01:56 +0100

Dan,
<<Now, raise your hand and say, "I'd like to say a few words about spine
title presentation.">>
Been there :-)
It wasn't quite at the end though of the project though and it was
marketing that raised the issue. Big launch and they'd decided on spiral
bound (easy to use) when it was pointed out there'd be no spine to
highlight the doc when on the shelf.
We proposed a 'wraparound' cover to provide the spine and then it was
what will we put on it etc (lurid colours etc were floated!). We said
there was 'standard' for that and we were left to get on with :-)

Damien Braniff | Technical Writer
damienb -at- asg -dot- com
Technical Communications
ASG | asg.com