RE: Exercise to get participants involved

Subject: RE: Exercise to get participants involved
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:55:50 -0400

Here's one:

The instructor tells the class about a scenario and the class has to determine what happened. The class can only ask "yes" or "no" questions.

The instructor gives the scenario: A rescuer finds 25 people burned to death in a cabin. What happened?

The solution is that the 25 people are in the cabin of an airplane that crashed on the mountaintop. It's a fun exercise and gets people to open up, cooperate, and ask questions.

I can't take credit for originating it. It was a group exercise in a management program, but it would work in other situations too.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com