Trouble viewing a sent chm file

Subject: Trouble viewing a sent chm file
From: scribbling_away -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:42:22 -0600

Can someone help me?

I have a client who cannot view the content (beyond the top level) of a
chm file that I have sent.
The full story is as follows:
in order for the file to pass the email gateway it has to be changed to
a .txt extension. Once received the extension is changed back to .chm
and the file is opened. It opens but shows only the top folder. When
the folder is double-clicked it does not expand downwards into the nice
structure that I see when I have copied his actions.
The client says that a message referring to a missing server (unable to
locate) is displayed. I have checked but can find nothing that should
be looking outside the compiled help.
The file (compiled using HTML Help) retains its size through this
process.

As an interim measure I have zipped and sent the html and images, but I
would really like to know what is going on here.

Any advice \ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Loren

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com