Re: salary for entry level position...

Subject: Re: salary for entry level position...
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:49:02 -0400

One's social standing is defined more by one's lifestyle choices than income.

If you are active in the community and give what time you can, I would say that it does not matter how much money you make (so long as your needs are met). I'd rather associate with a peer who earns $25k but volunteers 20 hrs a week than someone who earns 100k and spends a great deal of his/her money on a fancy car.

Social standing is also based on perception. I can show myself in fancy clothes and a fancy car and show off what I have or I can display some common sense and drive a fuel-efficient car wearing comfortable, professional attire. Which person has better social status? The one with style or the one with pragmatism?

Not everyone works for the Big Corporation and not everyone wants to bleed money from the economy. Some of us want job satisfaction. This goes back to the discussion a couple weeks ago about working for a big company versus a little company.

Perhaps where you live a person values himself and his friends based on income, but in my corner of the universe we value what you do with what you have and how it impacts those around you.

:)
Arroxane