Seeking a special HTML conversion tool for a quick one-off job

Subject: Seeking a special HTML conversion tool for a quick one-off job
From: "techwr" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:53:49 -0700

Has anyone run across a tool that will take a multipage document
(Frame, Word or better still, PDF) and convert it to HTML,
automatically create individual HTMLs file for each page in the
doc and add next/back links to each page automatically? I've got
a customer asking about the feasibility of this because one of their
overseas customers has really bad internet connectivity and have
problems downloading our usual document deliverable format (PDF
files averaging about 4Mb). Their idea is to put the doc online so
that this throughput-challenged user wouldn't have to swallow it
in one gulp. The tool can be commercial, shareware or open source,
but since this is likely to be something that isn't used often, it shouldn't
be ridiculously expensive or convoluted in its use.

Thanks,
Gene

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com