Re: is "technologies" a word?

Subject: Re: is "technologies" a word?
From: Alessandro Ansa <alessandro -dot- ansa -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:54:59 +0100

On 10/4/05, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> A word of advice to tech writers from a publications
> manager: avoid conversations like this with non-writers
> or within earshot of non-writers. These kinds of semantic
> exchanges may get our juices flowing, but listening to them
> is the sort of thing that tends to drive product and corporate
> managers crazy, especially if they're happening while the
> documentation is behind schedule. :)
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

lol, true! arguments about grammar can drag on! The oldest I know
about goes back to the ancient Persian grammarians who argued about
whether the origin of language was the verb or the noun, apparently
they threw their slippers at each other in fits of rage over this
question...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com