RE: Frame --> InDesign

Subject: RE: Frame --> InDesign
From: "Claire Conant" <Claire -dot- Conant -at- Digeo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:38:14 -0700

On 10/6/05, Wilcox, Rose <rwilcox -at- ssqi -dot- com> wrote:

> My boss believes InDesign will answer our needs for database
publishing
> and so wants to move our FrameMaker books into InDesign, reasoning
since
> both programs are from Adobe, it should be an easy conversion.

Rose,

My question is why does your boss think InDesign will answer those
needs? That is, what features does he think InDesign has that would
serve database publishing.

I'm not saying it won't, because I really don't know, but I'm curious.
I've used both, but I've not done "database publishing" with either.

And I underscore Barry's comments. Conversion to InDesign from Frame
will not be easy.

Claire Conant
Technical Editor
Digeo, Inc.