Re: Frame --> InDesign

Subject: Re: Frame --> InDesign
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:20:04 +0200 (CEST)

I'm using InDesign CS, but the following still holds true for CS2:
- Crossreferences are not supported. I know of only one plugin that does add this support and it
is not very comfortable to use.
- List support is nearly useless.
- Sideheads have to be realised via anchored frames. They are not available a paragraph style.
- No paragraph numbering for headers, illustrations and tables available. Some plugins and scripts
available, but again not comfortable to use.

The good news: CS2 has improved XML support which includes mapping of tags to styles. So, if
you're going via XML, this could be good. But no experience here.

IMO, it would be fest if you could generate all the lists, numberings and crossreferences before
importing the text into ID.

And yes, there are a lot of catalogue/database solutions for ID available (even a very basic one
built into CS2).

Jens

P.S.: I also would be very interested in how your writing/publishing process with database and
InDesign.

<zitiere wer="Wilcox, Rose">

> Anybody ever do this type of conversion? Anybody familiar with both
> Frame and InDesign who has comments?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com