Converting Word tables to Excel

Subject: Converting Word tables to Excel
From: Becky Zoole <beckyzoole -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:51:54 -0500

There was a recent question about copying data from an Excel
spreadsheet to a Word table.

I have the opposite problem. I must copy data from several Word tables
to Excel spreadsheets. The problem is that any hard return within a
Word table cell is treated as an extra line in the Excel spreadsheet.
Since my original has several instances like this, I have hours of
clean-up to do.

Is there any way to either remove the hard returns from the Word
original before copying them, or to copy-paste the data into Excel in
such a way that each Word table cell is treated as just one Excel
cell, even if there ARE hard returns in it?

Becky Elkana

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com